Thursday, July 11, 2013

Changes All Around

13 weeks ago I started running. What started with one hard mile has turned into training for a 1/2 marathon. I can't believe how far I've come. I used to DREAD going out the door. If I would have only known three months ago where I'd be today I probably would have been sprinting out the door.

I started running for a few different reasons: I was exhausted of being exhausted; no energy is no fun. I was disappointed that at 26 I was in the worst shape of my life. I had low self esteem because I was in terrible shape. I was sick of buying clothes that would easily camouflage. So because of these things I laced up and hit the pavement.

I feel like before incorporating some serious effort/exercise in my life I really just wanted to get "skinny" as quickly as possible. I tried a few different routes, a few different times. Although some protein shakes work for some people they didn't really work for me. I've found that for me to lose weight and feel energized, I need to eat all day long, HURRAY! I eat small meals 5-6 times a day. I use to hear that and think and HOW do you have the time? When I say meals I mean one meal is yogurt, another a banana, another an apple, another my actual lunch, another grapes, you get it. That's small to me. I've found that the result is I don't over do it on dinner and I feel energized and have the fuel to run after work.

Running has not only helped me get in shape and lose weight/inches, it's literally changed my whole lifestyle and way of thinking. It truly is a God send. I'm conscious about moving more and what types of foods I'm putting in my body. I don't deprive myself, if I want cake I eat cake. It's funny though because now I don't crave candy and ice cream; I crave water or bananas or yogurt. Being healthy is definitely a lifestyle change and I'm glad it's here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment