Tuesday, September 17, 2013

1st Annual Mountaineer Mud Run

This past weekend Jordan and I went to Boone with our best friends for the first annual Mountaineer Mud Run. First off: if you've never done a mud run DO IT. Even if you only do it once. Most fun I've ever had running! People of all shapes and sizes were there and everyone had a blast. They are doing it again in May if you're interested.

The cool thing about a mud one of this size and caliber (there are always exceptions like the Spartan Race), is that they are fun. You're not trying to beast the run and PR because there's mud and walls that you have to have a team to get over. Our sweet husbands even helped out a few loners who had lost their way. I really would recommend doing this run with a team and staying with them. Which is the point. I'm not a life rule follower but in games and sports I play by the rules. It was frustrating for me to see "teams" cross the finish line one member at a time. Who you trying to impress? I just wanted to scream out DQ every time one of these lone rangers passed me BUT I held back because it was a fun race. One guy even flew past us at one point, sans his team, and NO MUD?! WHAT. Why even sign up, you can do that at home buddy. I guess he's allergic and has no friends. I'm not judging, whatever.

I had only one down to this race ( besides the cheaters) and it was probably 1/2 way through. I got mud in my contact and had to pull it out and finish with one eye. If you knew my vision, you'd know this is true. All in all I'd love to go to Boone and do this race again. Jordan and Scott were a huge hit with the ladies and race goers, They wore their fire turnout gear and played like children in every mud hole. Naturally they made the websites page, losers. Here are some pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment